In the final part of our Questlandia 2 series, we discuss the process of worldbuilding, talk about designing a game made for campaigns, and chat about how our lives influence our art in our discussion episode with Hannah Shaffer and Evan Rowland, designers of the game and hosts of the Design Doc podcast, also part of the One Shot Podcast Network!Read More
Welcome to the final episode of series 21, everyone! Today we welcome back Daniel Kwan and Patrick Keenan from Dundas West Games to discuss the character creation process for their new game, Ross Rifles, a World War 1, Powered by the Apocalypse RPG, kickstarting right now!Read More
In the final episode of series 20, and we welcome back Grant Howitt and Chris Taylor, designers of Heart, to talk about the character creation process, their hopes for the game, and the reasons behind the design choices they made. Amelia also gets to talk about jello and sand again.
On today’s episode, Series 18 wraps up with Descent into Midnight, a Powered by the Apocalypse game designed by Richard Kreutz-Landry, Taylor LaBresh and Rich Howard. We welcome back Richard and Taylor this episode and plunge into the deep end to discuss the character creation process and even delve into some fanfic with our own characters.
On the last episode of the 17th series, Megan Scharlau and Charlotte Elena from Tabletop Potluck join us to discuss the character creation process for Mouse Guard, a cute as heck RPG from The Burning Wheel, where you play as super adorable mice people in a medieval, semi-fantasy setting.
Series 16.3 – Hearts of Wulin with Lowell Francis [The Gauntlet] and Agatha Cheng [Asians Represent] (Discussion)
This is the final of the 16th series, and we’ll be discussing Hearts of Wulin, a Powered by the Apocalypse wuxia RPG with creators Agatha Cheng from the Asians Represent podcast and Lowell Francis from The Gauntlet podcast. We are also joined by a guest co-host, Adira Slattery, fellow One Shot Network individual from the A Woman With Hollow Eyes twitch stream and podcast.
- Hearts of Wulin Kickstarter
- Character Creation Cast GenCon Panel:
Leave us reviews in any, or all, of these places:
- Character Creation Cast on Apple Podcasts (The best place to leave reviews for us):
- Character Creation Cast on Podchaser:
- Character Creation Cast on Stitcher
- Character Creation Cast on Facebook
Guests and Projects:
- Asians Represent
- A Woman With Hollow Eyes Season 2
00:00:00 – Announcements
00:03:16 – Introductions
00:14:17 – D20 for your thoughts?
00:22:52 – How does character creation in this game stack up against others?
00:31:03 – How do the mechanics of character creation reinforce the feel of Hearts of Wulin?
00:35:41 – How does character creation set a player’s expectations for playing a session?
00:37:17 – Biggest flaw?
00:44:36 – What was it like designing within the PbtA framework?
00:52:45 – What themes did you want to incorporate in this game?
00:59:02 – How would this group fair in a typical game? / Fanfiction
01:07:27 – How does this game lend to character development?
01:11:54 – Take it up a level!
01:17:24 – Episode Closer
01:21:51 – Show Blurbs
Opening: Meditation Impromptu 03 (http://freemusicarchive.org/music/Kevin_MacLeod/Calming/Meditation_Impromptu_03) by Kevin MacLeod (http://incompetech.com)
Clip 1: The Gauntlet Main theme (https://www.gauntlet-rpg.com/)
Clip 2: Asians Represent Main theme (http://oneshotpodcast.com/interview-discussion/asians-represent/)
Games discussed this episode:
Hearts of Wulin
Character Creation Cast:
- Twitter: @CreationCast (https://twitter.com/CreationCast)
- Facebook: https://facebook.com/charactercreationcast/
- Discord: http://discord.charactercreationcast.com/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/creationcast/
- Podchaser: https://www.podchaser.com/CharacterCreationCast
- Twitter: @gingerreckoning (https://twitter.com/gingerreckoning)
- Garbage of the Five Rings podcast: (http://garbageofthefiverings.com/)
- G5R Twitter: @G5Rpodcast (https://twitter.com/G5Rpodcast)
- Twitter: @lordneptune (https://twitter.com/lordneptune)
- Website: https://lordneptune.com
- Chimera RPG: @ChimeraRPG (https://twitter.com/ChimeraRPG)
- Side Heroes: @SideHeroesPod (https://twitter.com/SideHeroesPod)
- Patreon: https://patreon.com/RyanBoelter
Our Website: http://www.charactercreationcast.com