On the last episode of our 33rd series, halfway to the evil number, we welcome back Grant Howitt and Chris Taylor from Rowan Rook and Decard, to discuss character creation and world building in Unbound, a scalable action pulp, collaborative world building RPG. We also get to some pretty fantastic fanfiction for our characters, so you’ll want to stick around for that! Read More
It’s the final episode of series 32! We welcome back Celeste Conowitch and Eugenio Vargas from the Burning Daylight live streamed campaign to discuss the character creation process for Burn Bryte, a galaxy spanning, science fantasy RPG exclusively for Roll20.net. Read More
Daniel, Makenzie, Emma, Jacky, and Michelle continue their epic quest to read through the AD&D Kara-Tur campaign setting and provide their critical insight! This time, the places of note in Shou Lung and “eastern monasteries”.
The final portion of our series for BOLT, a modular action RPG by our guest this series, Ajey Pandey! We discuss the process and talk about all the things this game is trying to do. Read More
Daniel, Makenzie, Emma, Jacky, and Michelle begin their epic quest to read through the AD&D Kara-Tur campaign setting and provide their critical insight!
In today’s episode, we welcome back Kyle Allen and Russ Wild from the Prism Pals podcast, to discuss the character creation process for Quest, the fantasy RPG from TC Sottek of The Adventure Guild. We also get into some not-at-all confusing fanfic about the characters we made this series! Read More
The final Episode of our Legend of the Five Rings series with David Gordon Bursesh. We discuss the character creation process, the problems with this game, and the frustrations of trying to level up. Read More
In the final episode of our Numenera series, Darcy Ross, from Cypher Speak and Monte Cook Games, sits down with us to discuss the process of character creation and we make some great fanfic!
- Monte Cook Games $5 Off listener promotion:
- Use code “ccc5off” to get $5 off your order!
Leave us reviews in any, or all, of these places:
Character Creation Cast on Apple Podcasts (The best place to leave reviews for us)
Character Creation Cast on Podchaser
Character Creation Cast on Stitcher
Character Creation Cast on Facebook
Guests and Projects:
Darcy Ross @DarcyLRoss
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/DarcyLRoss
Monte Cook Games: @MonteCookGames
Cypher Speak Podcast:
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/CypherSpeakPod
- Website: https://misdirectedmark.com/category/podcasts/cypherspeak/
Games discussed this episode:
Numenera: Discovery & Destiny
Numenera: Starter Set
Ashes of the Sea Free Quickstart Rules
- 00:00:00 – Announcements
- 00:02:50 – Intro
- 00:03:35 – Darcy’s Character
- 00:05:04 – Amelia’s Character
- 00:06:01 – Ryan’s Character
- 00:07:32 – D20 for your thoughts
- 00:07:51 – Darcy’s start in RPGs
- 00:10:51 – Personal process for character creation
- 00:12:48 – How does character creation stack up?
- 00:18:43 – How do mechanics reinforce feel?
- 00:20:55 – How does character creation set expectations?
- 00:27:31 – Flaws and best parts
- 00:38:22 – Mix of sci fi and fantasy
- 00:42:47 – Fanfic
- 00:57:38 – Take it up a level
- 01:05:30 – Plugs
- 01:07:13 – Closer
- 01:08:46 – Show Blurb: Total Party Kill
- Opening: Meditation Impromptu 03 (http://freemusicarchive.org/music/Kevin_MacLeod/Calming/Meditation_Impromptu_03) by Kevin MacLeod (http://incompetech.com)
- Clip 1: History and Future by Sascha Ende
- Clip 2: Shiny Tech II by Kevin MacLeod
- Main Theme: Hero (Remix) (http://freemusicarchive.org/music/Steve_Combs/Principal_Photography_1493/11_Hero_Remix) by Steve Combs (http://freemusicarchive.org/music/Steve_Combs/)
Character Creation Cast:
- Twitter: @CreationCast (https://twitter.com/CreationCast)
- Facebook: https://facebook.com/charactercreationcast/
- Discord: http://discord.charactercreationcast.com/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/creationcast/
- Podchaser: https://www.podchaser.com/CharacterCreationCast
- Twitter: @gingerreckoning (https://twitter.com/gingerreckoning)
- Website: https://ameliaantrim.wordpress.com/
- Garbage of the Five Rings podcast: (http://garbageofthefiverings.com/)
- G5R Twitter: @G5Rpodcast (https://twitter.com/G5Rpodcast)
- Twitter: @lordneptune (https://twitter.com/lordneptune)
- Website: https://lordneptune.com
- Chimera RPG: @ChimeraRPG (https://twitter.com/ChimeraRPG)
- Side Heroes: @SideHeroesPod (https://twitter.com/SideHeroesPod)
- Patreon: https://patreon.com/RyanBoelter
- Itch.io: https://lordneptune.itch.io
Game designers Sharang Biswas and Clio Yun-su Davis joined Daniel and Ammar for a discussion about the ways that RPGs can challenge how you think about roleplaying, sexuality, and human relationships!
In the last episode of series 27, we welcome back Alex Flanigan, from the A Horror Borealis and The Cryptid Keeper podcasts, as our special guest co-host, filling in for Amelia due to a family emergency at the time of recording. We also welcome back Ryan’s best friend since the first grade, and current GM for their campaign together using the system we’re covering this series: Beyond the Wall and Other Adventures, a Fantasy RPG by Flatland Games. This episode we’ll be discussing what we thought of the game as well as learning more about our characters during the fanfic portion of the show! Read More