In the second episode of series 23, we’ll be finishing up our opening discussion about Lancer, a tactics based mech combat RPG by Massif Press, with designers Tom Parkinson Morgan and Miguel Lopez! This episode we’ll be creating some amazing characters with Tom and figuring out what sorts of mechs these characters would like to grow in to.Read More
Welcome to the first episode of 2020 and the first episode of series 23! This series we’ll be covering Lancer, a tactics based mech combat RPG by Massif Press, with designers Tom Parkinson Morgan and Miguel Lopez! This episode we’ll be diving into what the game is about as well as a peek behind the curtain at game design as a whole.Read More
As we get prepped for the holiday season, this special episode takes us to our 2019 Panel at AcadeCon where Amelia and Ryan worked with the audience to create some truly memorable characters.
Leave us reviews in any, or all, of these places:
Character Creation Cast on Apple Podcasts (The best place to leave reviews for us)
Character Creation Cast on Podchaser
Character Creation Cast on Stitcher
Character Creation Cast on Facebook
- 00:00:00 – Announcements
- 00:04:28 – Intro
- 01:20:58 – Closer
- 01:22:26 – Show blurbs: Asians Represent
- 01:23:07 – Outtakes
- Opening: Meditation Impromptu 03 (http://freemusicarchive.org/music/Kevin_MacLeod/Calming/Meditation_Impromptu_03) by Kevin MacLeod (http://incompetech.com)
- Clip 1: Music from https://filmmusic.io “The Descent” by Kevin MacLeod (https://incompetech.com) License: CC BY (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/)
- Clip 2: Music from https://filmmusic.io “Welcome to the Show” by Kevin MacLeod (https://incompetech.com) License: CC BY (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/)
- Main Theme: Hero (Remix) (http://freemusicarchive.org/music/Steve_Combs/Principal_Photography_1493/11_Hero_Remix) by Steve Combs (http://freemusicarchive.org/music/Steve_Combs/)
Drawings by Bex Moss:
Character Creation Cast:
- Twitter: @CreationCast (https://twitter.com/CreationCast)
- Facebook: https://facebook.com/charactercreationcast/
- Discord: http://discord.charactercreationcast.com/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/creationcast/
- Podchaser: https://www.podchaser.com/CharacterCreationCast
- Twitter: @gingerreckoning (https://twitter.com/gingerreckoning)
- Website: https://ameliaantrim.wordpress.com/
- Garbage of the Five Rings podcast: (http://garbageofthefiverings.com/)
- G5R Twitter: @G5Rpodcast (https://twitter.com/G5Rpodcast)
- Twitter: @lordneptune (https://twitter.com/lordneptune)
- Website: https://lordneptune.com
- Chimera RPG: @ChimeraRPG (https://twitter.com/ChimeraRPG)
- Side Heroes: @SideHeroesPod (https://twitter.com/SideHeroesPod)
- Patreon: https://patreon.com/RyanBoelter
- Itch.io: https://lordneptune.itch.io
Welcome to the second episode of series 22, everyone! This episode we actually play a little bit of Questlandia 2 and create a world with Hannah Shaffer and Evan Rowland, designers of the game and hosts of the Design Doc podcast, also part of the One Shot Podcast Network!Read More
Welcome to the first episode of series 22, everyone! This episode we cover character creation for Questlandia 2, get into some great discussion about game design and collaboration, and stumble into a really flattering design decision with Hannah Shaffer and Evan Rowland, designers of the game and hosts of the Design Doc podcast, also part of the One Shot Podcast Network!Read More
Welcome to the first episode of series 21! Today we welcome Daniel Kwan and Patrick Keenan from Dundas West Games to talk about, and start creating characters for, their new game, Ross Rifles, kickstarting right now!
This is the second episode of series 20, and we welcome back Grant Howitt and Chris Taylor, designers of the game we are creating characters for today, Heart! Things get a little weird, but not too horrible, as we figure out what sort of people live for adventure down in this mysterious and horrifying setting.
Welcome to the first part of series 20, everyone! Today we have Grant Howitt and Chris Taylor on to discuss their latest game, Heart, which will be kickstarting soon! This game combines the setting and mechanics of Spire with some good old fashioned dungeon crawling, mixed with some truly horrifying implications, so hold onto your hats and get ready for a really interesting series!
On today’s episode, Series 18 continues with the final portion of our character creation for Descent into Midnight, a Powered by the Apocalypse game designed by Richard Kreutz-Landry, Taylor LaBresh and Rich Howard. We welcome back Richard and Taylor this episode and really dive into the abstract with our characters.
On today’s episode, we start to tackle character creation for a game that has been on our list from the beginning of this podcast: Descent into Midnight! Series 18 begins here with Richard Kreutz-Landry and Taylor LaBresh, co-designers for this very game!