Welcome to the final episode of series 49, everyone! This series, we welcome Jef and Jon from the System Mastery Podcast, to learn about a really old game, Marvel Super Heroes, a superheroic RPG by TSR that a lot have coined the FASERIP system (not affiliated with the actual FASERIP RPG). This episode we discuss the process and have a little therapy time for… surviving the Marvel Super Heroes character creation process!
- Yazeba’s Bed and Breakfast on IndieGoGo
- #Reviews4Good on Podchaser
- Questions for us!
- Character Creation Cast TikTok
- One Shot Network Patreon
Leave us reviews in any, or all, of these places:
Character Creation Cast on Apple Podcasts (The best place to leave reviews for us)
Character Creation Cast on Podchaser
Character Creation Cast on Facebook
Guests and Projects:
Jef and Jon (System Mastery) @SystemMastery
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/SystemMastery
- Website: https://systemmasterypodcast.com/
- The Düngeonmeister Cookbook: 75 RPG-Inspired Recipes to Level Up Your Game Night (The Ultimate RPG Guide Series): https://amzn.to/3DxcR5a
- Patreon: https://patreon.com/systemmastery
Games discussed this episode:
Marvel Super Heroes
- Website: https://mshgamer.com/downloads/book-resources/
- Players Guide PDF: https://www.mshgamer.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/TSR6871.Advanced.Players.Book_.pdf
- Ultimate Powers PDF: https://mshgamer.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/TSR6876.MA3_.Ultimate.Powers.Book_.pdf
- 00:00:00 – Announcements
- 00:05:27 – Re-Introductions
- 00:12:27 – D20 for your thoughts?
- 00:12:53 – What draws Jef and Jon to these old games?
- 00:16:22 – Is there a trend that we moved away from that we should go back to?
- 00:19:47 – What sort of lessons can we get from examining these older games?
- 00:26:13 – How does character creation in Marvel Super Heroes stack up to other games?
- 00:42:50 – How does this game reinforce the feel of play?
- 00:46:37 – What story do these character sheets tell?
- 00:54:25 – What are the flaws and best parts of this game?
- 01:05:26 – Fanfic!
- 01:15:23 – Take it up a level!
- 01:22:59 – Episode Closer
- 01:25:28 – Call to Action
- 01:33:40 – Credits
- 01:35:35 – Show Blurbs – Asians Represent
- 01:36:16 – Outtakes
- Opening: Meditation Impromptu 03 (http://freemusicarchive.org/music/Kevin_MacLeod/Calming/Meditation_Impromptu_03) by Kevin MacLeod (http://incompetech.com)
- Clip 1: Things Fall Apart by Brian Holtz Music
- Clip 2: System Mastery theme music (https://systemmasterypodcast.com/)
- Main Theme: Hero (Remix) (http://freemusicarchive.org/music/Steve_Combs/Principal_Photography_1493/11_Hero_Remix) by Steve Combs (http://freemusicarchive.org/music/Steve_Combs/)
Character Creation Cast:
- Twitter: @CreationCast (https://twitter.com/CreationCast)
- Facebook: https://facebook.com/charactercreationcast/
- Discord: http://discord.charactercreationcast.com/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/creationcast/
- Podchaser: https://www.podchaser.com/CharacterCreationCast
- TikTok: https://tiktok.com/@charactercreationcast?lang=en
- Twitter: @gingerreckoning (https://twitter.com/gingerreckoning)
- Website: https://ameliaantrim.wordpress.com/
- Garbage of the Five Rings podcast: (http://garbageofthefiverings.com/)
- G5R Twitter: @G5Rpodcast (https://twitter.com/G5Rpodcast)
- Twitter: @lordneptune (https://twitter.com/lordneptune)
- Website: https://lordneptune.com
- Twitch: https://twitch.tv/lordneptunerb
- Chimera RPG: @ChimeraRPG (https://twitter.com/ChimeraRPG)
- A Horror Borealis: @AHorrorBorealis (https://twitter.com/AHorrorBorealis)
- Patreon: https://patreon.com/RyanBoelter
- Itch.io: https://lordneptune.itch.io