Series 35.2 – Anyone Can Wear the Mask with Jeff Stormer [Designer] (Creation Continued)
January 11, 2021
It is time for the second episode of series 35! This episode, we welcome back Party of One host and fellow network show All My Fantasy Children co-host, Jeff Stormer! We will be finishing our characters for his new game, Anyone Can Wear the Mask, a storytelling game about a superhero, a villain and a city. Join us as Ryan defines a villain and we get to play a round of this game together!
- Ryan’s Chimera Live Stream Campaign: A Tale of Twinkle and Awe
- A Horror Borealis presents LOSERS: A Love Story:
Leave us reviews in any, or all, of these places:
Character Creation Cast on Apple Podcasts (The best place to leave reviews for us)
Character Creation Cast on Podchaser
Character Creation Cast on Stitcher
Character Creation Cast on Facebook
Guests and Projects:
Jeff Stormer @GMJeffStormer
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/PartyOfOnePod
- Itch.io: https://jeffstormer.itch.io/
- Website: http://www.jeffstormer.com/
- Party of One Podcast: https://www.partyofonepodcast.com/
- All My Fantasy Children Podcast: http://oneshotpodcast.com/interview-discussion/all-my-fantasy-children/
- Talkin’ Nog Podcast: https://soundcloud.com/talkingnog
Games discussed this episode:
Anyone Can Wear the Mask by Jeff Stormer
- Website: https://jeffstormer.itch.io/mask
Beyond the Rift by Dee Pennyway
- 00:00:00 – Announcements
- 00:02:27 – Recap
- 00:02:53 – The Villain
- 00:04:07 – Defining Threats
- 00:10:58 – Walking through a turn – City flips a card
- 00:13:12 – The villain adds a threat
- 00:15:43 – The hero saves the day
- 00:18:28 – Skipping ahead to the villain’s reveal
- 00:18:55 – Questions for the Hero – What piece of yourself most scares you and how do you see it amplified in the villain?
- 00:19:27 – What weakness are you afraid will be discovered and how does the villain wield it?
- 00:20:14 – City questions: What about the hero most scares you and how is the villain the worst version of that?
- 00:21:09 – What is your biggest fear for the city and how does the villain embody that?
- 00:21:41 – Villain questions: What power do you crave and how are you going to seize it?
- 00:22:04 – What insurmountable odds will the hero have to overcome to defeat you?
- 00:22:22 – What hidden weakness do you hope the hero never finds?
- 00:22:35 – Introducing the villain
- 00:26:23 – What Renoun truly means
- 00:28:12 – Uprising
- 00:39:20 – Episode Closer
- 00:40:50 – Call to Action
- 00:42:56 – Credits
- 00:44:52 – Show Blurb: Session Zero
- Opening: Meditation Impromptu 03 (http://freemusicarchive.org/music/Kevin_MacLeod/Calming/Meditation_Impromptu_03) by Kevin MacLeod (http://incompetech.com)
- Clip 1: Chiptune Game Intro 01 by TaigaSoundProd
- Clip 2: All My Fantasy Children Intro Music by Aaron Catano-Saez
- Main Theme: Hero (Remix) (http://freemusicarchive.org/music/Steve_Combs/Principal_Photography_1493/11_Hero_Remix) by Steve Combs (http://freemusicarchive.org/music/Steve_Combs/)
Character Creation Cast:
- Twitter: @CreationCast (https://twitter.com/CreationCast)
- Facebook: https://facebook.com/charactercreationcast/
- Discord: http://discord.charactercreationcast.com/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/creationcast/
- Podchaser: https://www.podchaser.com/CharacterCreationCast
- Twitter: @gingerreckoning (https://twitter.com/gingerreckoning)
- Website: https://ameliaantrim.wordpress.com/
- Garbage of the Five Rings podcast: (http://garbageofthefiverings.com/)
- G5R Twitter: @G5Rpodcast (https://twitter.com/G5Rpodcast)
- Twitter: @lordneptune (https://twitter.com/lordneptune)
- Website: https://lordneptune.com
- Twitch: https://twitch.tv/lordneptunerb
- Chimera RPG: @ChimeraRPG (https://twitter.com/ChimeraRPG)
- A Horror Borealis: @AHorrorBorealis (https://twitter.com/AHorrorBorealis)
- Patreon: https://patreon.com/RyanBoelter
- Itch.io: https://lordneptune.itch.io