Welcome to the final episode in the 9th series! On today’s episode, we sit down with Grant Howitt, co-creator for Spire, to discuss how character creation went for this amazing game!
- Strata Kickstarter: It’s here! https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/gshowitt/strata-a-spire-rpg-sourcebook
- AcadeCon: http://www.acadecon.com
- Discord: https://discord.charactercreationcast.com
- Character Creation Cast on Apple Podcasts (The best place to leave reviews for us)!
- Character Creation Cast on Stitcher
- Character Creation Cast on Facebook
Guests and Projects:
Grant Howitt: @gshowitt (https://twitter.com/gshowitt)
- Website: https://rowanrookanddecard.com
- Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/gshowitt
- Old Website (Including articles about player advice): http://lookrobot.co.uk/games/
00:00:00 – Announcements
00:01:50 – Re-Introductions
00:04:10 – D20 for your thoughts? | How did Grant get his introduction to RPGs and Design?
00:06:46 – Grant’s personal character creation process.
00:09:03 – How does character creation in Spire stack up to other games?
00:15:01 – How does the process of character creation set a player’s expectations for playing?
00:19:51 – What are the flaws of character creation in Spire?
00:21:36 – Grant goes on an important tangent with Amelia
00:24:56 – How balanced are the different character types in Spire?
00:28:43 – How are NPCs created in Spire?
00:32:32 – How would our group gel together in a typical Spire session?
00:35:47 – How well does Spire allow for character development?
00:40:46 – Take it up a level!
00:48:02 – Should you have advancement in mind during character creation?
00:51:55 – Final thoughts?
00:52:47 – Episode Closer
00:55:10 – Outtakes
00:56:19 – Show Blurbs!
Game systems and materials discussed in this episode:
Spire by Rowan, Rook and Decard
Other games by Grant:
Opening: Meditation Impromptu 03 (http://freemusicarchive.org/music/Kevin_MacLeod/Calming/Meditation_Impromptu_03) by Kevin MacLeod (http://incompetech.com)
Clip 1: Revolution Now (Instrumental) (http://freemusicarchive.org/music/Josh_Woodward/The_Simple_Life_Part_1/JoshWoodward-TSL-NoVox-105-RevolutionNow) by Josh Woodward (http://freemusicarchive.org/music/Josh_Woodward/)
Clip 2: Babylon Shall Fall (http://freemusicarchive.org/music/Simon_Mathewson/Some_dance_tracks/Babylon_Shall_Fall_1438) by Simon Mathewson (http://freemusicarchive.org/music/Simon_Mathewson/)
Character Creation Cast:
- Twitter: @CreationCast (https://twitter.com/CreationCast)
- Facebook: https://facebook.com/charactercreationcast/
- Discord: http://discord.charactercreationcast.com/
Amelia Antrim: @gingerreckoning (https://twitter.com/gingerreckoning)
Ryan Boelter: @lordneptune (https://twitter.com/lordneptune)
Our Website: http://www.charactercreationcast.com
Our Network: http://oneshotpodcast.com
Network Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/oneshotpodcast