Q: Do you take suggestions/recommendations for games to use on the show?
A: Yes, but they probably won’t show up on the air for a few months. Email any game suggestions to email@example.com
Q: Will James or Kat look at the game I am designing?
A: We would love to. However, the ONE SHOT family now has three podcasts and maintaining that takes time and hard work. If you really REALLY want us to take a look at your game, you can hire one or both of us as consultants. A consultancy fee for James, Kat, or both will vary depending on the length of the game. Email firstname.lastname@example.org with short one-to-three sentence description of your game, the length of your manuscript, and the specific elements you would like feedback on.
Q: Will ONE SHOT feature my game?
A: Maybe! Generally, games are selected by James and Kat months ahead of time when specific inspiration hits. If we know about your game, it might appear on the show at some point. If you don’t want to leave things up to chance, you can pay to have your game featured on the program. Click here for more information on advertising on ONE SHOT.
Q: Can I promote my game/podcast/challenge Batman to a deadly game of riddles on one of your shows?
A: Click here for our advertising rates!
Q: How do you select your guests?
A: Most of our guests are Improvisors who have trained at Second City, The Improv Olympic, or The Annoyance. If James has performed with someone before and likes their style, they receive an offer to do the show. Media and industry guests are recruited when we think we can trick people into talking to us.
Q: There is some sort of problem with the show!
A: If you were offended by content, want to issue a rules correction, or want to educate James on the difference between stalactites and stalagmites email email@example.com, hit up our G+ community, or comment on the episode itself.
If you are having a technical issue, contact us trough twitter @oneshotrpg or email with “TECH ERROR” in the title.
Q: How long will Star Wars run for CAMPAIGN?
A: We don’t know. Until it’s all been told.
Q: Will you be featuring other games/stories on CAMPAIGN?
A: Yes. At some point when we get the time, we have a decidedly more dramatic series planned.
Q: I have a question for CRITICAL SUCCESS
A: Email all CRITICAL SUCCESS questions to firstname.lastname@example.org and include “CRITICAL SUCCESS” in the title. If you are looking for a specific host to answer your question ask them by name in your question.
Q: Why didn’t you answer my question?
A: There are a few different reasons we might not have answered a question:
- We were inundated with more questions than we have time to answer. If this is the case, feel free to send it in again and we will try to cover it when we get the chance.
- Your question was too simple to answer on air. James probably just answered it with an email reply. Most game suggestion questions are handled this way.
- We felt that this question was best answered through a roundtable discussion. Sometimes when this happens questions get shelved until we can get together a good panel.
- Your question was deemed inappropriate or offensive. We don’t tolerate racism, sexism, or any kind of xenophobia. If you want to get in an internet argument, look somewhere else. If this happens, you know why it happened; don’t come crying to us.
- We just missed it? Sometimes this happens. Just send it again and be sure to include “CRITICAL SUCCESS” in the title.